With more and more people utilizing the Mac OS, I thought I’d share my picks for software.Core
- iLife [$, but included with new computers] – Media management
- iWork [$] – Presentation software (Keynote) and desktop publishing (Pages)
- Office [$] (or NeoOffice)
- Accordance [$] – Best (IMHO) Mac Bible software program – especially for original languages.
- iFlash [$] – Excellent flashcard program; can be adapted to nearly any subject.
- MacJournal 2.6.1 (the last free version 🙂 ) – Great journaling software
- DevonThink [$] – Information manager where I keep data and ideas. Great artificial intelligence as well!
- TextWrangler – Text editor
- OpenSong – Open-source worship software
- Handbrake – Rip DVD clips.
- Cyberduck – FTP program
Sidenote – Utility to jot down short notes.(Had trouble with this deleting notes!)
- PodTube [$] – “PodTube can download, encode to MPEG4, and add to your iTunes librairy any YouTube video your are viewing with Safari”
- SMARTReporter – Small utility “that can warn you of ATA hard-drive failures before they actually happen”
- Combine PDFs – Combines PDFs!
- Keyword Assistant – Makes adding keywords in iPhoto much easier.
- FlickrExport [$] – “Provides a comprehensive set of features for getting your images from iPhoto to Flickr”
- SilverKeeper – Free backup program
- ScreenRecycler – “Use any networked computer as additional display in Mac OS X”
- Screenshot Plus – Screenshot widget
- Quicksilver – Application launcher and much more. I’ve only started to use this, but it is highly lauded by many.
- MainMenu – Run maintenance tasks from the menu bar.
- MenuMeters – “A set of CPU, memory, disk, and network monitoring tools for MacOS X.”
- Disk Inventory X – Shows how your disk space is being used.