Don’t waste your summer! Read a book and change your life! Below are 10 books on a wide variety of topics (indicated in the parentheses). A star (*) indicates that while I have not read every book below, people I trust have recommended that book.
- Don’t Waste Your Life by John Piper (Life)
- When Sinners Say “I Do”: Discovering the Power of the Gospel for Marriage* by Dave Harvey (Marriage)
- Spiritual Disciplines for the Christian Life by Donald Whitney (Spirituality) [note: I really appreciate Dr. Whitney’s practical yet deep writings on spirituality. Check them all out!]
- Questioning Evangelism* by Randy Newman (Evangelism)
- Tactics: A Game Plan for Discussing Your Christian Convictions* by Gregory Koukl (Apologetics)
- Building a Healthy Multi-ethnic Church: Mandate, Commitments and Practices of a Diverse Congregation by Mark DeYmaz (Church; Race; Leadership)
- A Simple Way to Pray by Martin Luther (Spirituality; Old Book)
- Humility: True Greatness by C. J. Mahaney (Life)
- Stop Dating the Church by Joshua Harris (Church)
- For the Love of God by D. A. Carson (Devotional) [update: PDFs of both volumes available for free here and here]
Want more? See this overwhelming list of lists that I’ve collected over the years.