We just completed our series through the book of Judges. Although biased, I enjoyed both retelling the accounts and framing each account within the overarching narrative of the Bible (read: Biblical Theology).Here are few helpful resources: Generally:
- The Art of Preaching Old Testament Narrative by Steve Mathewson
- Preaching the Old Testament by Scott Gibson [note: while I haven't read this (yet), it looks to be excellent!]
- John Woodhouse's recent lectures on reading and preaching OT narrative
- The NIV Application Commentary on Judges and Ruth by K. Lawson Younger – Dr. Younger was the reason I ever thought of preaching through Judges. His brief teaching on it during class (greatly expanded in his commentary) opened my eyes to the compelling nature of the book.
- The New American Commentary: Judges, Ruth by Daniel Block
- Steve Mathewson's interview on Preaching Today about how he preached the Gospel in Judges. [part I; part II]
- Southern Seminary's Spring 2008 magazine has an article on preaching Christ from Judges.